Snowshoeing in Edmonton, Edmonton
Explore the beautiful Edmonton winter wonderland on snowshoes. Snowshoeing has been a famous and traditional way of transportation for Canadian living in high snowy areas. It is one of the most efficient way of traveling on deep snow. Snowshoeing is used in many ways like for transportation, bird and wildlife viewing and also for exercise.
Good snowshoeing locations are:
- Fort Edmonton Park: Corner of Fox and Whitemud Dr.
- Elk Island National Park: 34 km east of Edmonton (Amiskwuche and Lakeview trails)
- John Janzen Nature Centre: Beside Fort Edmonton (corner of Fox and Whitemud Dr. )
- Mill Woods Park: 23 Ave. and 66 St.
- McLeod Creek Farms: 43 km north of Edmonton
- Rundle Park: 2913-113 Ave.
- Strathcona Recreation Area: 16 km east of Edmonton